Explorer wheels :-) and :-(

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by buggman, Mar 10, 2012.

1. OP
    buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

Do you still have that one left?
    When I take my old wheels back, I'm going to see if he has an extra 15" wheel I can grab for a spare... I gave him my old spare a few years ago.
    Might be nice to have a matching spare in the bed.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    buggman

I have some blocks of polishing compound that I use when I make knives that really brings out the shine. I use a medium buffing wheel for the first couple passes then switch over to a soft wheel for a quick pass, then a clean wheel to clean up any remaining residue. After they look pretty good, I rub on some turtle wax aluminum wheel cleaner/polish & let it haze over then use a smaller clean buffing wheel to really bring out the final shine.

4. OP
    buggman

Wheels are finally DONE and MOUNTED!!!

I'm too tired & it's getting dark so pics will have to wait until tomorrow.
    But what a huge difference :thumbsup:

The guys doing the mounting/balancing actually asked me if I wanted to keep all the weights on the back side to show off the fronts. :thumbsup:
    Just happens they were the same guys who dismounted them last week & they couldn't believe they were the same wheels.

I even got the 2 front center caps cut out to fit around my 4x4 hubs. While I was already (still) dirty, I painted the insides of all of the caps too.

Bad news is that the O ring on the pass side front 4x4 hub was shot & I gotta get that replaced, but I think it will be alright until I gather enough dough to get a few other things fixed.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  5. cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

yes, i still have it...let me know if you want it!

6. OP
    buggman

Hang onto that sucker for a little bit, I might get it... anything you want to swap for it?

7. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

hey, i reccommend switching to the manual lock hubs, so much better for 4x4 trust me, ny auto hubs went blam last fall and it was bad.

also its now today so get pics up!!!!!!!!!

8. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Definitely get pics up. Oh and I have a set of 4 of these available in 15's if anyone else wants to do this mod.

9. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

^^ For how much

10. OP
    buggman

Pics beetches :jester:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Those look absolutely badass!!!!

12. How much would you be looking to get for em?

13. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

o wow.... that is amazing!!!!

14. OP
    buggman

I took my old wheels back to my uncle today & he said if he knew those wheels would have turned out like that, he would have kept them :rolleyes:

These were the first set of wheels I've done & probably will be the last too. They cost me 5 shirts, 3 pair of pants, and a garbage bag full of rags after cleaning up some of the mess on the garage floor... but they were totally worth it.

15. El Camino Man

Looks awesome Terry! Good job! Nothin makes you fell better than th end result!

16. TomN

TomN RANGER!!!

looks great. Really came out nice.

17. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

I think he wants $100 for the set. You have to take the junk tires with them tho :D

18. OP
    buggman

$100? That's cheap enough :thumbsup:

If it wasn't such a mess, I'd grab those puppies & make up a spare set :p Maybe paint them solid black this time.

19. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

looks great buggman..... looks like you started the new buggman mod.... now just figure out how to led those bitches out and everyone will be happy.... lol

20. El Camino Man

Dang $100?! Almost be worth the drive to pick em up

21. I'm not worried about the tires lol I got my muddies. If I wasn't worried about the mud ruining the wheels, I'd grab em. That's a good deal