Tomorrows The Big Day!

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by El Camino Man, Feb 20, 2012.

1. OP
    El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

It couldnt go any rockier! No one can tell me where to find my wires... Besides that, Im doin fine by myself lol

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    El Camino Man

Not dissin anyone... Just sayin I cant find the right wires...

4. 2004xlmiller

2004xlmiller Member

lol id help you if i could.

5. OP
    El Camino Man

Ok guys! Iv got a fresh mindset and Im ready to finish this stupid OHC! Im starting from scratch so NO wires are hooked up right now. Ill start by saying I just finished looking through my truck and can not find a pink/orange wire anywhere. What I thought was pink/orange was actually purple/orange.... I musta been color blind yesterday lol. So where do I need to look to find this wire?

6. If I were you, I would go to a Ford dealer and ask for a wiring list, what colors are for what purpose for your truck lol

7. OP
    El Camino Man

Ok that might be easier lol. Except we dont have any near-by Ford dealers...

8. Call one up and see if they can mail one out

9. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

EMAIL it out. Screw snail mail...

10. Okay speedy. Haha. Yeah, this would work better probably. lol

11. OP
    El Camino Man

I found a COMPLETE book about wiring for 2011 Rangers printed by Fo Mo Co. Its only $80 :(

12. Only... Haha Just call them up and see if they can get you one just for the wiring harness. That book probably has all the sensor wiring and fuses and crap that you don't need.

13. OP
    El Camino Man

Yea your prolly right. I just talked to a lady and she sounded like she thought I was stupid lol. I can tell where this is goin...

14. Lmao. Don't tell them what you're doing, and if they ask just say you want to know what everything's for

15. OP
    El Camino Man

Aw danget lol I said what I was doin

16. Lmao. Well, you could always drive down there and talk to one of the techs and tell them what you want to do. But I really don't see how it would affect it though... I mean, I never told them what I was doing and got the info I needed (and so did my dad) but the first time I mentioned I was doing something aftermarket, they told me they can't give me info because or liability issues. lol

17. OP
    El Camino Man

O gotcha. The lady said she was gonna talk to a technician and call me back. I dont have high hopes lol

18. OP
    El Camino Man

I could get a Hayes book. Theyre relatively cheap but only go up to a 2010 Ranger

19. OP
    El Camino Man

I got a Chiltons manual!!! Yay! It has wiring diagrams! I dunno what wires Im looking for!

On Clintons OHC thread, it says I need Console Electronics Power, Display Dimmer Switch, and Speed Sensor... Is that what theyre actually called?

20. VSS is vehicle speed sensor, and yeah the rest are right

21. OP
    El Camino Man

Still got one more question. Iv found the VSS and the dimmer switch but I cant find anything even remote to the console electronics power. Is there another name for it?