ROTM Keep or Suspend

Discussion in 'Ranger of the Month' started by Freemans 00, May 30, 2012.

?

Keep or Suspend ROTM contest

Poll closed Jun 6, 2012.
  1. Keep the contest

21 vote(s)
    77.8%
  2. Suspend the contest

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

yea i think we need the numbers to make it more worth while, i mean MOST of the time the people who get nominated are active members (even if its not manditory thats how it goes) and with how many people there are it does seem like it would be just everyone waiting their turn. so yea advertising to get members will be the best.

4. rango88

rango88 Chuck Norris Drove a Ram

Its been a while since I have been on here but It should just be 2 members that are in the running form ROTM and I do believe that Admins and Mods should be eligible for ROTM. We have enough loyal members on here to keep going. if you think about it we only 12 Rangers for this comp to work.

5. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Mods are allowed to be in it. I just dont think it's right for me to be in it being an admin here. I feel it is bias on my part.

6. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

We (mods & admins) are looking at all aspects of the ROTM & if it's suspended for the time being, it may return in a "new & improved" form... hopefully better than before.
    It would be nice to have a lot more members so things are a little more random, but with just a few active members/nominations the choices will be limited :(

Hooligan isn't eligible for ROTM (Ranger of the Month) as he already has the distinction of ROTD (Ranger of the Decade) :thumbup:

7. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Lol that's funny, made me laugh pretty good man. I do appreciate the people who have nominated me or recommended me for it though. I had the privilege of being voted as a rotm in another forum. I don't need it everywhere, I believe others should have the opportunity, I had mine and I am content with that.

8. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

Me too. :)

The members here voted me ROTM in April.
    My first ever nomination on any of the Ranger forums in all the years I've been on the forums.
    I'm still surprised that anyone voted for me, unless it was for RMINOAPJ (Ranger most in need of a paint job) :whistling:

Just goes to show that you don't need to have a lifted or lowered show quality vehicle, ANYBODY could be ROTM.

9. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I do want to add this note though. For all the members here, please encourage other members of the site to put their vote in. The biggest thing this site has are the active, returning members. If it weren't for you guys the site wouldn't be much of anything. If we stick to the members votes, and continue I ask that you all come through on your word. If we can do this vote and discussion without causing a feud or creating nonsense, I will speak to the staff about having a dedicated thread in which we will entertain rule suggestions and or advice for the contest. Please keep this in mind though, whether it's 100 members or 100,000 members, we can not please everyone. The staff here truly do appreciate the input from everyone especially when it can be done in a way in which we can discuss it like adults and all come together with a happy medium for all. You all have my word on this matter, but at the same time, we ask for yours as well on doing this in a professional manner and I think we will have a great outcome.

10. fomoco

fomoco Moderator

well put clinton, i know i have had my share of issues here, and i always find myself back here, you ever need any kind of help here(rotm or otherwise) don't hesitate to send me a pm

11. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I appreciate it, thanks dude

12. Dcrymes99ranger

Dcrymes99ranger Riding low and broke!!!

I say keep it. Since I've moved into my new house, I don't have internet access. So I can't just jump online when ever I want too.

13. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

this might be beating a dead horse but getting this on tapatalk and such could help out with members/activity as well..

14. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I know what you mean. I have asked the owner Nathan about it, and from the response I got, it sounds like it wont happen.

15. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

oh i see, any reason why?

16. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I have no reason, because truthfully, I never got an answer

17. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

ohh that sucks. you think youd get a response since your only trying to help their site. but i guess it is what it is

18. OP
    Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

You can't even call it there site. I've been on here for 6 months about and not once saw the owner on here idk even who he is. As far as I know he just pays the bill and leaves everything for Clinton and the other mods to do he doesn't even care about his own website.

19. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Regardless, we still have a pretty cool thing going here. It may not be advanced as other sites or have alot of members, but we are here and its like an everyone knows everyone site. I like it, its not hammered out with boatloads of advertisements, it's plain, simple and fun when we can all get along.

20. Dcrymes99ranger

Dcrymes99ranger Riding low and broke!!!

I think they should sell the site to Clinton!!!! Clinton for owner!!!

21. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

lol...I already asked to buy it and it was a no. I think when they think the time is right they will come back on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.