Official build thread.

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by Brinker88, Apr 7, 2012.

1. OP
    Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Yea, I pounded out the dent. Drove it home like that as well. Been crazy busy lately with this build. Gonna be killer :)

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    Brinker88

Not much to update. All of my tools for installing my gears should be here by tomorrow. I'm going to go pick up my ring gear bolt sleeves friday evening and try my hand at installing these gears. I've got my setup bearings made, setup inner pinion race made, new outer pinion race installed, and just got some more lock-tite/silicone.

4. OP
    Brinker88

Installed my gears/locker this weekend. I highly recommend Yukon Gear & Axle if you're building an axle for your vehicle. Top notch quality parts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Oh my god its yellow!!! Lol...Very cool dude. I have to road trip it and see that beast!

6. OP
    Brinker88

Picked up a BW 1354 a couple months ago for $100. Just getting to rebuilding it now. I'll be ordering a complete rebuild kit from cobratransmissions.com next week. I got the t-case torn down and found the filter for the pump was snapped off and laying in the case. Also, the speedo sensor was messed up and all the seals were shot. I have maybe 2 hours start to finish in sandblasting this. I couldnt even begin to come close to having it this clean by wire brushing it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Diablo

Diablo New Member

I see the problem already with that project....There is a capped full bottle of brew on the operating table

8. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

lol...BIG problem!

9. OP
    Brinker88

Haha, that was downed almost immediately after that photo was taken. That beer is what keeps me moving

10. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I got 2 cases in the garage, lets pound them and SAS my truck lol

11. OP
    Brinker88

Oh god, I can only IMAGINE the outcome of that one... How about we SAS your truck THEN pound them down? lol

12. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Lol...that may work out better!

13. OP
    Brinker88

You find yourself a Dana 44 with stock 4.09 gears. We'll narrow it 6" and slap it under your truck.

14. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

First comes the frame swap, then coilovers....SAS probably wont be good for my mall crawler lol

15. OP
    Brinker88

Lol no, probably not.

16. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

We can still do the frame swap and get ripped though lol

17. OP
    Brinker88

I'm game lol

18. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Excellent!!

19. 03walkalot

03walkalot New Member

No post indicated

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  20. OP
    Brinker88

Old school all the way dude! **** gets real expensive when you have to pay someone to do it.

21. OP
    Brinker88

Photos from Saturday's ride