CV shaft repairs

Discussion in 'Maintenance Shop' started by Redneck_ranger, Mar 19, 2012.

1. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

oh wow i was right, junk yard parts were needed

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

For once.... lol

4. hazard-maine

im always right when it comes to your truck

5. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Just go to the junkyard and grab a yoke (front transfer case) and front driveshaft off of a 3rd gen ranger. That will eliminate the possablility of ever having to replace it again. Just need u-joints then.

6. or just take the truck to Brads house and wait 20-30 min. and then pay the man!!!

7. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

That might be a possibility Craig. Brad, what would all of that run me? And I'm not too worried about it right now, I just can't go wheeling

8. Brinker88

It would run you the cost of a driveshaft and a yoke off the transfer case. I dont know, call a jy and find out.

9. ok Pete get your ass over to Brads he can get you in and out in half an hour and bring the right parts ;)

10. Brinker88

And money! Cash talks, bullshat walks

11. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Well considering it's gonna cost me $80 to fill the truck and $40 for my fishing license, I don't think I'm gonna have any extra this week.

12. djfllmn

djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

put the fishing license on hold until you fix your truck..thats a needless expense right now IMO truck should be first

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  13. hazard-maine

If its costing you $80 to fill up, i feel sorry for you

14. it cost me about 60 for a fill up now

15. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

$60 gave me 15 gallons. And I'm putting it off as long as possible. It's only aggrivated when it's in 4wd. And I talked to a mechanic today and he said that he's almost positive that I'm going to need a transfer case. How can I convert my truck into a 2wd permanently?

16. djfllmn

djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

need a 2wd trans and drive shaft...and get rid of the front axle crap

17. rangerwheelinmike

rangerwheelinmike New Member

how many drive shafts do you need? i have 4 of them here loll

18. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

I only need the front, but Clinton's got one lined up for me. Thanks though

19. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Found out what it is! My buddy knows his stuff and told me that the chains inside the tcase are strippe. That's what the clicking noise I've been hearing is. New tcase, here I come!