Towing

Discussion in '3.0 Engine' started by DPG3, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Probably doesn't have one then. I always wondered if the manual did.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    DPG3

DPG3 Member

i guess not. its a good truck for a beginners truck but not enough power imo. but im young and like to go fast so that plays a major roll in this opinion.

4. The 3.0 is definitely underpowered lol You'll hear the guys bitching about it all the time. Haha. But yeah, definitely a good beginners truck.

5. OP
    DPG3

DPG3 Member

i hard the 4.0 had a lot of issues tho

6. ....Don't even get me started. Haha. I've had nothing but problems with my engine, the latest being the tensioner pulley snapped completely off.

7. OP
    DPG3

DPG3 Member

oh nice. i also heard they like to misfire. i havent had any issues with my 3.0 except for a a/c lag and push rod breaking a while back

8. Yeah, they do have a slight miss in em if they're not meticulously maintained.

9. OP
    DPG3

DPG3 Member

yeah. i heard that when i was working on my truck.

10. rangerwheelinmike

rangerwheelinmike New Member

i should be at 5600rpm i uped mine to 6200 with the 3.0 and never had any problems used to hit it all the time off road

11. rangerwheelinmike

3.0s will pull just not fast!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. OP
    DPG3

DPG3 Member

yeah, i wanted to slap a small turbo on it but i have to many miles. Rangerwheelinmike mine has no limiter, i guess its possible the previous owner got rid of it, but as of now i have none

13. rangerwheelinmike

i would just say keep it under 6k then

14. OP
    DPG3

DPG3 Member

ok thanks man

15. rangerwheelinmike

i hear the bottom ends on a 3.0 will handle over 6k but the valve train wont thats what i always wanted to do to mine was upgrade the valve train and make it a screamer but i put 302 in it

16. OP
    DPG3

DPG3 Member

idk if it would be worth it. Probably in the end, it will be cheaper to buy a new engine.

17. 01B3000

01B3000 ORIGINAL Portable Seizure

Hell, I dont even like pushing my engine over 4K if i dont have to.

Just remember, 3.0's design may have been tweaked over the years, but its still an old pushrod design. Unless its built to, its not meant to sustain High RPM's for long. but thats just my belief