shocks?

Discussion in 'Maintenance Shop' started by scott5640, Dec 11, 2011.

1. scott5640

scott5640 EdgeRunner

so im looking to get new rear shocks for my truck. i have monroe shocks from pepboys..and trust me, they suck. so i want to know, whats the best brand of shock that is affordable?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

I like the monroe load levelers or rough country's Nitrogen filled shocks

[​IMG]

4. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

When I have my 93 xl, I had an ad-a-leaf on it. I used Skyjacker shocks and they rocked!

5. Brinker88

What's the price of those 'Lint?

I know the Load levelers are a little pricey around $100 a pc. As for the Nitro's they're around $40 a pc.

Oh, and Scott, please make your Sig a little less vague please (I.E.- year, engine, etc.)

6. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I got them a while back and had a shop install them. I got new leaf packs for both sides, ad-a-leaf, shocks and leaf shackles for about 500.00 installed. If I remember right the shocks were 30-50.00 each with the boots

7. Brinker88

Not a bad price at all. I just looked...they're 40-60 bucks on Amazon

8. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

They would be worth it for Scott since he has the rear lift shackles

9. Brinker88

Yea definitely

10. OP
    scott5640

scott5640 EdgeRunner

i dont have rear shackle lift..just lift blocks

11. Brinker88

Get rid of those blocks ASAP...they create axle wrap and wear out your U-joints/driveline a lot quicker.

12. OP
    scott5640

scott5640 EdgeRunner

they are stock. i put helper springs on the leafs last night and it helped with the softness a little

[​IMG]

13. Brinker88

Ah, okay, good

14. Ask Demon-FX4. He found some really good bilstein's for an amazing deal online.

15. Captured Time

Captured Time watch this and hold on

i like the racho's that i had on my 98 they wernt bad