SAS Kits?

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by Redneck_ranger, Mar 3, 2012.

1. djfllmn

djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

so youre keeping the truck now?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Yeah, my mom said it's either the truck stays or I go. So considering I need the funding for college, yeah. It's gotta stay, unfortunately.

4. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Brad, I love you lol (no homo). Now I know where to start. Thanks man

5. djfllmn

then why do you want to spend the money for a SAS...

6. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Because I need to dump $600 into the front, and I won't be able to sell it till after college anyways. So I might as well go ahead and spend some extra money to save it in the long run.

7. djfllmn

your truck is gonna be out of commision for a good bit as im sure you know

8. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Yeah, I'm doing it in the summer so I can use the dakota more often. Might even have a work truck to bring home too if I get the job I'm aiming for.

9. djfllmn

another thing you have to consider...do you have a place you can do it? judging from your pics you dont have a driveway or garage

10. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

If you say my house, I am getting a restraining order....

11. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

My buddy's garage I can do it at, my girlfriend's dad's uncle owns a local successful garage, her gram has a garage, my mechanic might let me do it in back of his...etc. I do have a few places.

12. djfllmn

ah ok...theres a lot of things you have to consider...and before you even start make sure you have all of the parts you need there and be prepared for some SNAFUs

13. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Yeah, I'm planning on it. This will probably be happening later on in the summer when I have the money saved up to buy everything at once.

14. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Oh and Im going to warn you right now pete. It's the little stuff that adds up. If you and your buddy fabricate everything, plan on spending a MINIMUM of $5000 to get the axle set up on the front end. Dont believe me? Go do a little research over on TRS.

15. djfllmn

also R-F has a lot of SAS info

16. Brinker88

Yea. The install isnt that difficult, it's the fabrication and knowledge you need to have when doing this kind of ****. Where things need to be, what angle they need to be at, etc. If you dont know this information, I wouldnt even CONSIDER it.

I remember my first SAS, it was fun and challenging. Only thing I woulda done different is my upper track bar bracket. I bolted it on instead of welding it, and the steel tore. What a scary thing to happen when you're driving

17. djfllmn

^not to mention all the mocking up you have to do

18. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

I don't know a lot about it, but I figured it would be an excellent learning opportunity for me, and if the need be there's more than enough people around me that are more than willing to help me and explain to me what to do

19. djfllmn

^then i say scrap the idea dude...doesnt sound like a good idea

20. Brinker88

I'll explain the basics to you (as I did above) but I'm not going to hold your hand and explain everything step by step. I dont want to expect a PM every 20 minutes bc you or your buddy have a question about what grade bolt to use and if it's okay to drill holes in your frame. If you dont feel comfortable doing the research and the work yourself, by all means, do it. But from experience, I have a feeling it would be a good idea to scrap this idea and keep it like you have it, put the $600 or w/e you have into it and DRIVE it! :thumbsup:

21. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

I'll research it first and gather as much info as I can, then talk to my buddy about it before I go making a final decision. If I'm gonna be five grand into it, then it's not worth it. What's the cheapest I could do it for?