add a leafs

Discussion in 'Maintenance Shop' started by greenmachine2000, Feb 8, 2012.

1. greenmachine2000

greenmachine2000 New Member

i advanced searched for this but cant find a how too, i will be ordering some add a leafs soon, and am looking into insight on how to install them?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. ob269

ob269 New Member

If you don't find any info here check youtube..
    Also. Make a how to, I would like to do this eventally..

4. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Put rear frame of truck on jackstands. Remove both rear wheels. Place jack under rear axle (with a small amount of pressur on the pumpkin). Cut u-bolts. Let the axle down so you can work with the center pin. Remove the center pin. Install AAL under the main spring plate with the eyes. Reinsall NEW center bolt and u-bolts and you're done!

5. ob269

ob269 New Member

Brad to the rescue! Lol. That sounds rather easy..

6. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

I think mine took all of 1 1/2 hrs.. It's not bad

7. ob269

ob269 New Member

Well I can change my cv axel in about 20 mins flat.. that includes reving the *** **** snap rings inside the bearing..

8. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

I'll add....

• New U-bolts are definitely required, because they stretch when torqued or impact wrenched(air is FTW btw...)
    • Use 6-8" C-clamps on both sides of the center-bolt to compress the AAL so you can tighten the nuts on the supplied all-thread(or bolts)
    • ALWAYS use a new center pin/center bolt. Whether it be all-thread type or a bolt, ALWAYS use a new one.
    • I find it easier to install when the leaf spring is on the concrete floor

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2012
  9. OP
    greenmachine2000

who wants to come down and help me lol

10. Brinker88

Where ya at?

11. OP
    greenmachine2000

12. Brinker88

Ouch, little too far for me bro

13. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

Why was this post last edited by Brinker88; 02-15-2012 at 04:31 AM???

Instead of editing someones post to your own beliefs, maybe next time quote them and make your case as to why they're wrong...

14. AGreager18

AGreager18 Member

I installed brand new leafs on my truck b4 I became a member. If I would have known I would have made a how to

15. OP
    greenmachine2000

yeah i need to do it, just have to find the time.

16. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

i can help. i wanna go spend a weekend in bowling green anyway with my sister

17. OP
    greenmachine2000

im gonna do it as soon as this weather breaks. so let me know, i still have to get them, have to get my brakes on first, then fix squeak under hood i think its the ac clutch bearing.

18. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

just let me know, im real good with brakes, hell im good at it all lol

19. OP
    greenmachine2000

you know anything about the ac clutch sqeaking, like chirp evey couple seconds, and goes fastes as you accel, i replaced the belt, tensioner, and idler pulley already, but the ac clutch is always clicking really loud when im idling clicks rmp go up clicks again they go down and its repetitive.

20. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

have u checked the clutch with the belt off? like shake it around?

21. OP
    greenmachine2000

yeah i did once it seemed fine it just clicks on and off all the time during idle, then something is squeaking too.