ac compressor

Discussion in '4.0 Engine' started by greenmachine2000, Feb 21, 2012.

1. greenmachine2000

greenmachine2000 New Member

I believe i have a bad ac pulley the clutch seems to be good but ive put a new belt tensioner and idler pulley on, but i have a squeak every couple seconds at idle, and while driving you can hear squeak sqeak comes from top end, so does anyone know can i just change the pulley and where to get a cheap and reliable one?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

I'd just grab a whole new one. I dont think you can just change the pulley on thsoe. Maybe someone else will chime in here.

4. OP
    greenmachine2000

greenmachine2000 New Member

yeah there pricey thats why i just wanna change pulley ive heard it can be done.

5. Junk yard lol

6. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

i do believe autozone or something like that sells the whole new clutch kit for the compressor.