4.0 pcv valve

Discussion in '4.0 Engine' started by Diabolical Ranger, May 29, 2012.

1. does this just pull out or is it threaded into the cover? and does the curverd piece of metal hose come with a new valve?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. ok, it unscrews about a 1/4 turn then pull out but cant seem to get that coolant connector off lol

4. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

I was gonna say, should be able to just pull out and pull off the rubber (hose that is) :D

5. gotta cut my rubber I think it's shrunk so its way tight ( the hose):D

6. the coolant connector comes with the new pcv valve if anyone needs to know.
    I will take a pic of the old one later

7. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Can you send me a pic of where it's located and what it looks like?

8. replaced fuel filter too oil and filter change tomorrow

9. here is the pcv valve
    it is located on the back side of the valve cover driver side it has 3 hoses connected to it. the 2 small hoses are coolant lines, so change it when cold, I did it hot and found out the hard way. they are held on with squeeze clamps, then the large hose just pulls off, remove it first so you can unscrew the pcv valve about a 1/4 turn then you can route it out and up to remove the coolant lines

I also changed the fuel filter, you will need the date of mfgr cause after 5/01 it uses a different filter mine was made 12/00 so it took this filter

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2012
  10. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Awesome dude! Thanks I have been looking for that mfer!

11. Looks like a son of a bitch to fix...

12. me too haha until today I found it. mine was still good but had a fair amount of oil in it, it had a very weak rattle when shaken. Looks like I need plugs and wires too. Here I thought I did all this 2 years ago. but I was wrong, it was my other truck that got everything .

It was not real hard to do at all, once I found where it was. The larger hose was a lil problem, big hands cant really fit in there to good. and I dont think I have big hands even , hahaha

13. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Thats awesome man, I cant wait to get to it! Do you have enough pics and stuff to do a how to?

14. just what I posted., I am not good at write ups hahaha this addhdd a or whatever its called