White Thang :: 2001 Ford Ranger 3.0 Manual

Discussion in 'Member Garages' started by waters83186, Feb 12, 2013.

1. waters83186

waters83186 New Member

White Thang :: 2001 Ford Ranger 3.0 Manual (2013-02-12 18:42:24)

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Woo hoo you did it! Nice ranger dude!

4. OP
    waters83186

waters83186 New Member

This is my 6th one in 9 years. Little workhorses, I tell ya. Ive had all single cabs but this is my first v6. I like the 3.0 way better as far as gitty-up and tow ability, but I feel like i was told they should get 25mpg, and i only get 21. I think whatever this bad idle deal is could be holding it back from its full potential.

5. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Wait til you try a 4.0, it has quite the pick up!

6. OP
    waters83186

waters83186 New Member

The only 4.0's I could find in a single cab were mid and early 90's. I try and stay between 98 and 03

03 with the inline 4 was a good motor. Good all around service. I sold it to buy a Tacoma.. Ended up being a bad decision as I ran that Tacoma into a trailblazer, breaking my wrist.

I always bought rangers because they were more sensibly priced. I never paid over $3200 for a single cab, and even bought one for $900. But that was back when v8's were king and rangers were treated like go carts sitting in the back yard. I guess people are finally coming to their senses.. I noticed lately (really recent) rangers are starting to fall into the "Toyota" category as far as selling high. Also, when you look for them on Craigslist or local places, it's hard to find that (black, manual, 4x4, 4.0, extended cab, with the 02 honeycomb grille) ranger you're really wanting.. All the ones for sale are being sold for a reason, it feels like. You know what I mean?