What’s the deal

Discussion in 'Drivetrain Tech' started by Luke Johansmeier, Oct 30, 2021.

1. Luke Johansmeier

Luke Johansmeier New Member

How’s it goin maybe some one can clarify for me . I 1991 ranger xlt 4.0 manual . Tha trans was leaking horrible so I swapped one in that looked the same and the guy I got it from said it came out of a 91 ranger at this time I also did a clutch and from the same guy a manual transfer case mine was electronic just got it all back together …… problem now is this new set up seems to be geared way lower my truck used to fly now it’s like 3rd was my original 1st gear and not a very high speed in 5th either the only markings I can find are on the side one is marked with a 1 cast in the other has. 2 . Believe I have the R6 axle package which means 3.73 ……. Should I just reseal my old one and put it back in would the transfer case have any effect on this any advice or answeres would be appreciated thanks

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Mark Ripplinger

Mark Ripplinger New Member

I would guess the transfer case is geared lower. Look for serial numbers on your old one and look those up, then compare to your current one.