What detailing products do you use?

Discussion in 'Detailing & Cleaning' started by timbits588, Apr 18, 2012.

1. timbits588

timbits588 New Member

hey guys so i know not everyone is into a clean shiny truck, but i'm interested to hear what detailing products you guys think are the best? i'm also hoping that some of you guys with more experience (dixie_boysles, dj, clinton, etc..) could chime in and maybe even throw together some quick how-to's on the correct steps for clay bar, cleaning under the hood, or complete exterior detail. stuff that is pretty common, but at the same time things not everyone has done before.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

As far as exterior cleaning I use all meguiars, from car shampoo to clay bars and to the final wax. I found they go hand in hand very well. Interior is some Meguiars, Armor all and all sorts of other things depending on whats done.

4. OP
    timbits588

timbits588 New Member

Has anyone ever used Griot's Garage products?

5. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I have never heard of it lol

6. OP
    timbits588

timbits588 New Member

7. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

For orbital polishers, I swear by the Craftsman 7" orbital. I used them for my business and they never failed on me!

8. Meguiar's Diamond Cutter compound, gold class wax, and gold class wash & wax. Turtle wax black box (for the Dakota) turtle wax 6" orbital buffer. Interior is a mix of armor all &wax Meguiar's. Never tried the clay bar, but my paint isn't in that gooda shape.

9. djfllmn

djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

meguiars and mothers

10. OP
    timbits588

timbits588 New Member

do you use an orbital at all?

11. djfllmn

djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

not for waxing but i have a dewalt professional grade buffer for when i need to buff vehicles

12. I detail with a soft water rinse is all

13. The Browning Ranger

The Browning Ranger Doinwhaticanwithwhatigot

I use great lakes car wash, and meguiars clay, compound, wax, tire foam ......