What are the laws in California / 5.0L Ranger ?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Scrambler82, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

Does anyone know if there is a way around the engine conversion in California ?

If I were to bring my truck there and it happens to have a 5.0L in it, will I have to remove it or is there a way around it ?

If I can get away with it, who knows what might happen in the next coupleof months.

Thanks for any comments.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

I have heard on other sites that the engine swapping in Cali is a nightmare.
    I was hoping to have the conversion done by the time I left for SoCal but it seems it isn’t going to happen nor would it help any.

I am still up in the air on this, here in MA you can get around it, there must be a way out there too.