truck changing gears by itself

Discussion in 'Drivetrain Tech' started by mcdonald58, Jan 29, 2013.

1. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

ever since i did the fluid change on my truck, it sometimes will shift itself into neutral by itself while im stopped at a light or stop sign. it only does it for about the first five minutes of driving then stops. usually by the time im out of my street which is about two minutes it wont happen again. what could be causing this?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

my transmission is also slipping occasionally. only while the truck warms up though. even if i let it warm up before i drive it the truck will still slip for the first 5 or so minutes of driving. it only slips on first gear.

4. M-CO

M-CO New Member

Is it manual or automatic? Is this the first time you've changed the fluid? What fluid did you use? Are you sure it's filled to the proper level?