Third Brake light leak 2006

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by kshansen, Aug 18, 2023.

1. kshansen

kshansen New Member

As title says my 2006 Ford Ranger has a leak due to bad gasket. This is what I call the standard cab as the small one with no jump seats.

Was hoping someone could suggest a good source of that gasket, I see some on Amazon but not sure how good they are, also saw at least years ago someone on this Forum was making ones that were suppose to be good.

Right now have a strip of Duct Tape over it but want to get rid of that eyesore!

Thanks for any help or ideas.

Ken in NY

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. John DeWitt

John DeWitt New Member

I know this may be a bit trashy, but have you considered using a silicone compound such as gasket maker? I've successfully used permatex for body roof leaks in the past in place of gaskets that were no longer in production, years later their still keeping my wife's minivan roof rack from leaking into the A & B pillars.

4. OP
    kshansen

kshansen New Member

Well what I did is bought new gaskets from someone I believe it was on Ebay, been a few weeks. At first I was not sure why they are sold in pairs but once I installed one I could see it was too thin to seal good so I doubled up. It was a little tricky to do as the adhesive is very aggressive so you need to get it right the first time.

Truck sits outside and has seen it's share of rain and so far no wetness in the head liner like before.

The main reason I was hoping to not need to use silicone is it would make removing the lamp when or if the bulb needed replacing.