speaker baffles

Discussion in 'Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation' started by mcdonald58, Apr 12, 2012.

1. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

what do you guys think about speaker baffles. do they really do anything. i talked to a crutchfield tech and he said they prevent moisture from getting to them. how many of you guys have used them? if they can improve my bass then i think its worth the money.
    http://www.crutchfield.com/p_237XT68/XTC-6-x8-Speaker-Baffles.html

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I havent used them but I would swear by Crutchfield and for the price, its a good investment

4. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

I've used them in several vehicles, especially in the doors. They to help keep moisture off the back of the magnets & cones & will dampen some of the lower bass frequencies that mids really don't reproduce well.

I had some in my rear speakers, but I didn't like the sound of them so out they came.

5. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

alright man maybe when i have to pop off my door panel when doing my amp ill put these in.

6. alpine_earthquakes

alpine_earthquakes New Member

I took some foam can cut it to fit around the back of my speakers. that actually helps reduce a little door noise if you have bass heavy mids like my infinities.