scratch help

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by greenmachine2000, Jan 22, 2012.

1. OP
    greenmachine2000

greenmachine2000 New Member

i looked at some videos looks like just alot of polishing compound and some elbow grease. then a coat of like rain x afterwards. well glass cleaner after polishing compound.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    greenmachine2000

no pooleo or lint comments here..hmm odd.

4. I'm gonna try this on my truck...

5. OP
    greenmachine2000

im gonna pick up a thing of turtle wax polishing compound at work tomorrow and some rain x window wax...have glass cleaner..just do a section at a time..hey you know anything about like a little rust under window trim like that black plastic ****

6. Dakota's got that bad. I'd just go to a junkyard and pull a new piece out if you're going.

7. OP
    greenmachine2000

its the back corner by the driver door handle its just a tiny spot of rust i might take the trim off and sand it down..ill send you a pic in morning, its fixable maybe some touch up paint too.

8. Ah, well if it's fixable. The Dakota's is on both ends and the rubber over the top is starting to peel back and get all eff'd up.

9. OP
    greenmachine2000

dang..i just need time off to fix crap

10. lol, Don't we all... Before this goes way off topic, I'm gonna head over to the open chat thread lol Don't wanna piss off Clinton :D

11. OP
    greenmachine2000

see ya there

12. OP
    greenmachine2000

bump..still need fix tried polishing compound helped a little but still need a little more..anyone have anymore ideas.

13. MORE COATS OF IT!!!!! lol

14. OP
    greenmachine2000

yeah ill try later got tired of going over and over it lol did 3 coats