ROTM Members rule suggestions

Discussion in 'Ranger of the Month' started by Hooligan, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

Whats considered an "active member"? On once a week? Once a month?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Someone who has more than 50 posts and has been active in the last month

4. sounds good

5. El Camino Man

But what if you get one of those people that only get on once a month?

6. OP
    Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

That can be determined in the admin control panel as to how much activity they have, so its not going to be an issue.

7. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

would this be monthly or quarterly?

8. timbits588

timbits588 New Member

just my 2 cents again but i always viewed ROTM as something to strive for. I know some people get nominated by their friends or whatever, but generally if thats the only reason they don't end up winning. It's about having a truck you worked hard on and stands out from the rest, whether it be lifted, lowered, or stock. I feel like picking 3-5 members at random takes the prestige away from being awarded ROTM. If trucks that really aren't that special are generated, you're left voting for the best of the worst IMHO and it cheapens the contest.
    like i said, not meant to offend anyone just my 2 cents. i think there are a lot of good ideas being thrown around

9. pooleo

pooleo New Member

^^^This is a real valid point. I am glad it was brought up. And this is exactly what will happen when random members are picked. And if the mods/admins "filter" or "choose" members, (to avoid above said statement) thats biased. Plain and simple. The only way to keep it equal is a member based nomination system.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  10. ^^ yeah, it is a good point, never thought of it like that

11. OP
    Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I can inderstand that. So what you want is a ROTM where members nominate the trucks, then vote on the 3-5 most nominated?

Post up in detail your nomination process. How it works, how it should be done etc...

12. OP
    Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I would like the whole contest to be monthly. In the past few months of the contest it seemed the nominations and voting dragged out or was just forgotten about. I think doing it quarterly, with the last few months experience it will just fizzle out.

13. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

I kinda like the idea of the members nominating a truck & the top 5 (or whatever number is chosen) will go on to "round 2" where the members vote for their favorite of those.

There may still be some favoritism depending on which vehicles are nominated & by whom, but everyone will still have the opportunity to be in. Let the masses decide who's the winner. :thumbsup:

I'd think the random picking of entrants then voting on those could be simplified to just picking a random truck, but it wouldn't really be a contest then.

It's funny that something as simple as members picking their favorite truck once a month could be such an involved process, huh? :huh:

14. pooleo

pooleo New Member

I did :yes:

I dont think that the contest should be the heart and soul of this forum. It kinda feels like thats what being conveyed...:blink:

15. El Camino Man

Heres my breakdown of what Id like to see going from whats been said:

Id rather we pick ourselves to be in the contest. This will get people involved and this would also mean better pics because people will come prepared for the contest.

I like the idea of a prize, my favorite so far being the picture on the homepage with a "winner" banner of somesort.

Id get bored with a quarterly contest pretty quick. Monthly would be muchos better!

Id be ok with the admins picking 3 or 5 trucks to be voted upon as long as we had a ton of entries. (if we had 6 or 7, Id say let em all run)

As long as we had a lot of people involved, Id be k with a theme. But if only 5 or 6 people enter, there would be little to no entires IMO

16. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

Good idea it should be set then. Make a thread for all of us to put our wanted pictures in and then we can all go there to nominate people and the mods and admins can pick 3 trucks out of all whose nominated to be voted upon then we have a clean well put together contest

17. El Camino Man

^^^ I love it! Id definitly participate in that!

But I will stand by what I said earlier: rules will kill anything. So keep rules to a minimum!!!

18. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

Well if everyone agrees on what we stated above that's how it should be ran and keep the same rules

19. OP
    Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

This is what I have seen you post, but break it down for monthly contests

20. pooleo

pooleo New Member

I honestly dont think monthly will work. I think the numbers are to low to support it. And I feel that if it is monthly, with such low numbers, its more of a hand out. Kinda, wait your time in line and you will win, eventually.

As I checked the stats today, current members on were only 10 :eek: Other forums I am on are always in the 150-200 range at least. And as I said already, thats not just ranger forums. Thats bikes, guns, other ford sites, a CB radio site, etc.

As far as new members coming, I feel that the majority of new comers are here for a question or so. But are not interested in making the new site to them, their new social media site. So this is why it will take awhile for the numbers to grow. I bet that the rate of "new comers who stay" are about 1 out of 20.

21. OP
    Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I see that...That's why I feel it is necessary to suspend the contest with the staff agreeing to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.