Replacing Cam Sync

Discussion in '3.0 Engine' started by gcextreme, Jan 23, 2013.

1. gcextreme

gcextreme GCEXTREME Vendor

Ok i just purchased a new camshaft synchronizer from RockAuto
    [​IMG]

I dont believe i am getting the chirp of death yet... my current sync has 62K on it.. but its been really freezing here and really hard starting.. even with the block heater... and i got a CEL P0340 Camshaft pos sens circ error (bank 1/1 sens).
    going to get a new sensor too..

anyone replaced this and have some tips??

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Shawn

Shawn Cranky old man

I just changed mine today...I used an official alignment tool that I bought. It was a fairly easy job once I got the tool in place.
    The sync I removed looked fine, but I have 152,00 kilometers or 94,400 miles on my 3.0. I have had the Motorcraft replacement sync and sensor for over a year. I figured it was time to replace mine.

Oops..I just saw this thread is 9 months old........

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013