Radiator Pressure

Discussion in '3.0 Engine' started by KSMac, Jan 2, 2012.

1. laund71

laund71 New Member

I have a 96 Ranger Engine 4.0 OHV. I had the motor rebuilt a year ago by FORD and now it has to much pressure in the radiator. It is cracking the radiator, which causes a leak.I have gone through 3 Radiator's which cost me $600.00.Ford is unable to help me. I know I do not have a cylinder head problem because I Had them replace everything and I still have my old cylinder heads n stuff. Temperature gauge is going up half way and coming down to cool. I replaced the Thermostat again to see if that is the problem. Pressure is stuck on the upper return line back to the Radiator. I have to manually release pressure when the vehicle is off by opening the cap a little to let water go to the reserve tank. I have also replaced the Radiator Cap. Everything is OEM what is wrong with it? Anybody?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE