oh clinton...... lol

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by klinger86, Feb 26, 2012.

1. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

Yeah to do a BL you would loosen the bed bolts and lift it not remove unless you rust proof one side at a time. But where I was gonna rust proof I pulled the bed to do the back part of the frame. Then I'm gonna crawl under for the front part later.

I think what I'm gonna do Clinton I'm thinking about for the middle bolt just going and picking up a nut and washer from a hardware store and using that until I can find the correct u nut or until I get the cash for one from ford.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. thanks Marty, can't wait to see your done

4. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

Got the cab lifted yesterday and gonna put the bed back on today. Oh and the major injury was mine. Ripped my earring almost out causing my hole to rip about 1/4 inch damn it hurts.

5. Ouch... That sucks man

6. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

Yeah I know did it around 3 or 4 yesterday and it still bleed some after 11 last night when I changed the bandage. Letting it air out some today before I scrub it with alcohol and bandage it again. Oh and now another snag. The oe bumper bolts have broken the clip that holds them so I have to burn them out and replace them with regular bolts. Yay me. Getting ready to drop the bed back on in a few.

7. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

ok i know most are gonna say pics or GTFO/ this thread is worthless without pics i'll upload one here in a few.. got the bed back on today and now just gotta hve the bolts burned out on one side and get the lift bracket on it and the bumpers will need to be straightened out... but the body has been lifted....

8. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Awsome! I love how you had to write a book to say " the body has been lifted " :D

9. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Good work man!

10. Must....Resist........can't.....give.....in.................ggggaaaaaahhhhhhhh...

[​IMG]
    Lmao. Sorry, couldn't resist haha

11. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

lol i know... but on to the one pic i have taken since i got finished...

sunday night

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

today

[​IMG]

12. Uhhhh, I think your front bumper's falling off lol But it looks like a 4x4 now! Haha. Looks real good man

13. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Looks real good man!

14. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

Yeah I know it was about 11 last night when I put it back on gonna try in a day or so to get it back on straight.

15. earings ? I thought girls had earings:(

OH only 1 earring ok hope it's on the left side

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2012
  16. Looks good, did not take long at all

17. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

Yeah one earring a 14 gauge horseshoe in the left ear well was in the left ear. Yeah it really didn't take that long just gotta finish rust reforming the frame now then new wheels and tires.

[​IMG]

My earring gonna be a week or so before I try to put a new one in.

18. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

klinger??

[​IMG]

I bet that DID hurt :jester:

19. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

nope only peircing was ear and some tatts....

20. Dcrymes99ranger

Dcrymes99ranger Riding low and broke!!!

I got lucky on mine when Brent and I took my bed off, I didn't break any bolts thank god!

21. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

but ypu dont live in the salt belt.... lol mine has been up here all it's life.... damn road salt.....