**Official Explorer Center console thread**

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Hooligan, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

This thread is dedicated to the rangers who have modified their interior with either a full length Explorer console or a shorty console. Post up the pics and tell us your custom work, Paint, modified, etc.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Getting mine this weekend for free!

4. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

Id really like to see how these look! Pics!

5. Pbav8tor

Pbav8tor Old Fart

I need to go out and get some new pics, BRB.

6. Pbav8tor

Pbav8tor Old Fart

OK, here are a few new ones.
    In this 1st shot you can see that I covered the tissue opening above the cupholder. Also the custom shifter boot.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  7. Pbav8tor

Pbav8tor Old Fart

I covered the lid myself with a foam backed headliner material.
    [​IMG]

8. Pbav8tor

Pbav8tor Old Fart

And now for something different. I removed the vents and glued a piece of white styrene in place. Then blended the edges with body filler and painted it white. The wife says I should put a light under it.
    [​IMG]

9. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

well if the wife says you should put lights somewhere that means you have to do it

10. DPG3

DPG3 Member

How hard is it to do this? and what year explorers fit?

11. Pbav8tor

Pbav8tor Old Fart

It is much easier in an extended cab but not really that hard either way. I did the 60/40 seat mod and love the console. As for year, late 90's to early 2000's.

12. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

’03 Ranger, Buckets, ’01 Exp Sport Center Console, soon to be a blk shorty setup.
    The center console does have an armrest as a std shorty but it is up showing the center removable bag.

[​IMG]

The wires along the pass side are from the USA Spec iPod Adapter, two inputs, iPod Connector and a 3.5mm Plug for other devices.

Last edited: May 13, 2012