Need more torque...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by 08 Ranger Sport 4X4, Sep 9, 2013.

1. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

08 Ranger Sport 4X4 New Member

I've been thinking... I need more torque in my ranger so I was thinking about buying this as a donor vehicle for an engine and trans swap..
    [​IMG]
    http://www.blandsauto.com/used/Bowe...er-5-Ton-bdf718580a0a00640022023ac6447dd6.htm

What do you guys think? Will this Cummins NHC 250 855 c.i. motor and 5 speed auto allison trans with two speed transfer case fit onto the ranger frame and the body fit around it?

And yea, I know what you all are going to say... it only pushes out 250 hp, but 685 ft lbs of torque @ 1500 rpm.. Or should I find the newer models with the Cummins 6CTA8.3 504 c.i. with 240 hp but 745 ft lbs of torque @ 1500 revs. As you all know, I was looking to sell my ranger to get better MPG's, but this may be my answer... At least then I would have a legit reason to have stacks...:thumbup:

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    08 Ranger Sport 4X4

I guess people didn't find that as funny as I did... My boss sent it to me as a joke saying "Well I knew you were in the market for something with better gas mileage... This has your name written on it"

4. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

I think you should take the body off and put the Ranger body on that frame.
    It would save a lot of fab work… lol !

What is that a 5 or 10 ton ?

I think the paint scheme would work on a Ranger too !

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  5. OP
    08 Ranger Sport 4X4

Yea I thought about that, but I really want to try and make it work on the ranger frame, just gotta reinforce the crap outa it.

It's a 5-ton. At work we handle marketing for NAPA and came across this dealership that was enrolled in one of our programs. Found they have interesting inventory lol. Yea this paint scheme would be awesome.

6. fomoco

fomoco Moderator

that should be able to effectively remove a few trees...lol

7. adsm08

adsm08 New Member

I really wish someone had embedded the picture. I clicked the link and got a Jeep Liberty.

8. Jasonkeele

Jasonkeele New Member

peas will put nitrogen back in the soil for next season .get a dirt sample and take to your nearest ag center and have it tested to see what it needs .