My cluster project!!

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Dcrymes99ranger, Feb 18, 2012.

1. OP
    Dcrymes99ranger

Dcrymes99ranger Riding low and broke!!!

The trim unbolts along with the glass. LIke mentioned above. It's a 5/16ths.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

Thks, I got that.
    That doesn’t separate the clear front from its blk backing; they are bonded together and I have already broken one clear front, got a new one from Ford and do not want to screw this one up.

4. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

Terry,
    What did you do to remove the Clear Cover.

I tried just a thin knife, work a little popped some, move the knife.

If you heated it, how much heat ?

Thanks

5. Shawn

Shawn Cranky old man

I tried to separate one of those and it ended in total fail. I had/have about 3 tach clusters so I just used a different one. I have Sport Trac white face gauges and did not like the silver trimmed cluster. I was going to experiment with white but settled for an extra black one I had. It still looks better than the original silver.

You could try a hot knife. I used to have an adapter that I could screw an xacto knife blade onto a wood burner.

6. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

White is too much to me, so I went with black w/red characters and numbers and some blue logo stuff.

Separating the clear part from the backing without doing something else is a PITA (what that something else is I do not know). I tried it and as you said Shawn, FAIL. I bought a new clear assembly from FROD and hoping to do this one without any cracking after finding out what I didn’t do.