Lift Questions

Discussion in 'Suspension Tech' started by drod4533, Mar 6, 2012.

1. drod4533

drod4533 drod4533

I am getting a 3" lift for my truck with new tires 31-10.50-15 adding the two together am I correct to expect about 5-6 total inches in lift? Running 225-70-15 now. How much mpg should I expect to drop? Hooligan can you help on this.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

[​IMG]

this is with a 3" BL and 235/75/15 i have the 2.5L and i get around 17-19 given how well i keep my foot outta it... lol i would say conservative guess would be 14-16 mpg after you step up in tire size....

4. You won't see much of a drop in gas mileage with only 31s. I get an average of 16 mpg with 31" mud tires. You'll get a few more if you're not running mud tires.

5. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

you also have the 4.0 pete....

6. Yeah, so? Tires still won't affect mileage. Now if he jumped to 33s, then yeah. He'd have a noticeable drop.

7. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

i noticed a slight drop from 225 to the 235 i'm runnin now....

8. Barely noticeable though, right? I mean, he ain't gonna lose five mpg lol

9. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

no he may lose up to 4. what gear do you have in the rearend if you know if not post up the axle code found on the sticker and we will try to find out what gear you have....

10. This^ gearing can tell you A LOT! lol

11. OP
    drod4533

drod4533 drod4533

gears are 4.10

12. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

you shouldnt see much of a drop in mpg with 31's... but with the 2.3 i wouldnt go any bigger than 31's if you do you will see a definate loss in hp b/c of the tires...

13. OP
    drod4533

drod4533 drod4533

yeah no bigger unless i change the motor what about converting to 4x4 is it worth it, i know its a lot of work.

14. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

if you wanna convert to 4x4 i would suggest a SAS....

15. If you want to convert to a 4x4, buy a new truck lol It's a ton of work.

16. OP
    drod4533

drod4533 drod4533

Rather keep mine and do a straight axle, there is a place here that will do if for about 5000.00

17. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

Not sure if it's a good price or not ask member brinker88 hes the guru of sas. He knows alot more about what it costs than I do.

18. OP
    drod4533

drod4533 drod4533

cool thanks

19. Five grand is what he told me I can do mine for on my own. So I'd say that's a good price.

20. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

You live in florida why bother getting 4x4 to be honest I think spending 5k on something i dont need would be ridiculous, but if you want it by all means do it and best of luck but I wouldnt thats just me