Interior is almost done.

Discussion in 'Ranger Media' started by Shawn, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Shawn

Shawn Cranky old man

Still need to install carpet, rear cargo cover, and tan seat belts. I also need to finish the back up cam in the auto mirror.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. edgeman4.0

edgeman4.0 2nd amendment activist

What in the absolute hell have you got going on in there? Its definitely different, if that's what you were going for.

I see a Lincoln column and wheel, reupholstered seats and a blackwood radio. Are you going for a mini blaxkwood clone?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using tapatalk 2

4. OP
    Shawn

Shawn Cranky old man

I have installed Lincoln fender and tailgate emblems. Wheels are 16inch V6 Mustang. No pics of the emblems yet. Under the hood I installed 2008 coil and open the plugs up to 52 for better mileage. Battery and block heater also. Electric fan from HHR. I added power windows and locks along with cruise. Factory tow hooks and shroud for front of radiator. Aluminum rear end cover from front end of an Expedition. Console is custom fit from an 03 Explorer. Working on Explorer hood hinges and tan leather shift boot.

More pics coming.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  5. OP
    Shawn

Shawn Cranky old man

It's a 2010 Scion / Pioneer radio. I choose it because they are really decent radios for $100.00 or less. They have USB input which was a must for me. I am going for a total Lincoln look. Seats are rear leather seats from a Windstar. They fold flat to use as a table for notebook or lunch.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  6. Sure is different

7. OP
    Shawn

Shawn Cranky old man

Just snapped a pic of the fender emblem and 06 mirrors.

8. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

i like the interior it classes up the thing

9. OP
    Shawn

Shawn Cranky old man

Yes, I think it classes it up also. It looks better in real life. I just picked up the paint for the lid. I want to repaint the whole truck but I'll settle for the lid, tailgate and bumpers for now. I got a pic of the 07 headlight switch.

10. hazard-maine

i think a metallic black with chrome trim would give it a more classy look also

11. OP
    Shawn

Shawn Cranky old man

Metallic black is one of the colors on my short list. Possible other choices are choc brown metallic or deep burgundy metallic.
    I am seriously considering chrome bumpers. I do plan on chrome mirror covers, but I want the oem design that replaces the paintable covers.

12. hazard-maine

if you painted it black with chrome it would look like a small lincoln mark lt

13. rango88

rango88 Chuck Norris Drove a Ram

Definitely a lot of work in that truck, it actually looks good IMO

14. OP
    Shawn

Shawn Cranky old man

Thank you.

15. OP
    Shawn

Shawn Cranky old man

More pix

16. hazard-maine

okay that seat is awesome!!

17. OP
    Shawn

Shawn Cranky old man

Thanks,
    I got the idea from a new Nissan or Toyota SUV that has it as an option.
    I had them mounted to the Ranger tracks, but they didn't fit right. I put them back on the Windstar tracks and custom made the mounts to the floor. It was much easier.
    Next is to pull it all out, paint the mounts tan and install the carpet. While it's apart, I got tan seat belts and tan rear cargo cover.

BTW don't try to paint a cargo cover. I painted a gray one tan. Thing always sticks. Paint never fully drys.

18. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

That interior is awesome! I do have to ask though, Why the lincoln fender badges?

19. OP
    Shawn

Shawn Cranky old man

Did you see page 1 of the pix?
    Lincoln grill emblem on a vertical bar grill (same as Lincolns), Lincoln wheel centers, Lincoln steering wheel, almost every possible option Ranger had and quite a few they didn't.
    I am going for a Lincoln clone. A mini LT if you will. I just got some Lincoln LSC emblems. I am going to cut them and re arrange the letters to say SLC. Those are my initials. IF they look really good when I am done, I will have a Lincoln SLC mini truck.
    If they look like crap, I will have a Lincoln mini truck. I want the uneducated eye to see it as a rare Lincoln, not a custom Ranger. Just to mess with people I guess. The truck does not say Ford or Ranger anywhere on it anymore.

20. hazard-maine

if you remove your spare tire youll show off your diff cover better

21. OP
    Shawn

Shawn Cranky old man

Yes, but if I get a flat, I will have to walk:cry: