Help Identifying Dash Knob - 2000 Ranger

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by KevinP., Nov 4, 2021.

1. KevinP.

KevinP. New Member

Hello - I just acquired a 2000 Ranger from my dad. It is the most basic build level, 2WD. There is no user manual in the vehicle. Can anyone help me ID the function of the "orange" pull knob in the picture below (pulls outward to use?)? Thanks!

IMG_7414 (1).jpg

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Mark Ripplinger

Mark Ripplinger New Member

On my '00, the 4 wheel drive selector is right there. It looks like an aftermarket knob. Does it pull out or turn? My first guess would be a manual choke, but I'm thinking yours is fuel injected, so it wouldn't be that. Or, maybe its a pull cable for turning on the heater? Your best bet is to trace it back under the dash and see where it goes. Good luck!

4. RangerAl

RangerAl Member

Oh.... You are so lucky! I saw one of those on James Bond movies! Passenger or ex-wife eject button!