FS: Buggman's new Reverse LED's (ky)

Discussion in 'Ranger Forum Classifieds' started by buggman, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

You can DEFINITELY tell the difference...!

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

indeed!

4. OP
    buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

Yea, I've seen & played around with some led's that didn't look like they had much separation in the hi/low settings.
    I've been doing some testing with these (while waiting on more bases) and I think I have a pretty good separation in brightness.

Here's a video (click the pic) I did with some 68 white led's in an 01 tail light... I didn't have the red 68 led's at the time, but they should be pretty close... just more vibrant red.

[​IMG]

5. OP
    buggman

Yet another UPDATE:

Boys & Girls, I now have a very limited number of 120 white 3156 & 3157 led's.

I also have a handful of the 68 white 3156 led's.

Also, I have one pair completed (more in the works) of 68 red 3157 led's.

Finally, I have 2 pair (4 led's) of 3157 amber 42 led's. They aren't quite as bright as stock, but the color is much nicer. :D

Pricing:
    68 white led's 3156 or 3157 (when available) = $16 a pair shipped in the USA

68 red led's 3157 = $20 a pair shipped USA

120 white led's 3156 or 3157 = $25 a pair shipped in the USA (I highly recommend insuring these for the additional $2)

42 amber/yellow 3157's = $18 a pair shipped in the USA

6. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

i see you got your amber leds ready. i might have to get a set when i purchase my new corners. do your brake leds blind people behind you?

7. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

anyone have an output put pictures of them?

8. OP
    buggman

New VIDEOS!!

68 white reverse:
    [​IMG]

68 red brakes:
    [​IMG]

102 white reverse:
    [​IMG]

102 white brakes:
    [​IMG]

120 white reverse:
    [​IMG]

120 white brakes:
    [​IMG]

42 amber clear corners:
    [​IMG]

9. OP
    buggman

New pix!

68 white 3156/3157
    [​IMG]

102 white 3156/3157
    [​IMG]

120 white 3156
    [​IMG]

120 white 3157
    [​IMG]

68 red 3157
    [​IMG]

13 amber 3157
    [​IMG]

42 amber 3157
    [​IMG]

10. OP
    buggman

Couple more quick videos...

42 amber led's in a amber corner:
    [​IMG]

102 white led's in amber corner:
    [​IMG]

120 white led's in amber corner:
    [​IMG]

NEW my white/yellow switchback led's in a clear 96 corner:
    [​IMG]

11. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

I can verify the quality of these folks! Bump for a great guy.

The 13 LED 3157s are slightly brighter than the stock amber bulb. The overall appearance of them in a clear corner is amazing tho.

12. fomoco

fomoco Moderator

what would be the pricing on the switchbacks?

13. OP
    buggman

I'm not sure just yet, I only have the one pair of led's made up & only 2 pair of the adapters right now.
    As soon as I have more of the switchback led's & the other parts, I'll have a better idea of what I have in them. I'm hoping to keep the led's & adapters less than the price of the "name brand" switchback led's that have the circuitry built in though.

14. fomoco

fomoco Moderator

well if you need a ginnea pig to try out the switchbacks, lemme know

could you do them in yellow unstead of the orange so it would match my badge lights

15. OP
    buggman

4th of July bump~~

16. OP
    buggman

BUMP... plus info update.

In most cases when using LED's (not just my led's, but led's in general) in your turn signal sockets, you may experience the dreaded hyper-flash. This happens because of the much lower resistance of the LED's as compared with the incandescent bulbs.
    The quick & easy remedy for this as well as for other LED or turn signal related issues is to upgrade the stock flasher to an EP-27 Electronic Flasher.

They should work with 95+ rangers and only take a few minutes to install. Simply locate the stock flasher under the dash or in the side panels depending on your truck, unplug the old flasher & plug in the EP-27 flasher. Finished.
    Newer rangers will use a different flasher relay... I forget the number at the moment, but it's NOT the ep27.

They can be found online (evilBay) or at most auto parts stores for $12 - $16 and they all have basically the same internal components. I can't say that the expensive ones work better than the cheap ones, but I got mine on evilBay from a guy who bought the wrong one for his vehicle, it came from NAPA. I do know of a few other forum members who have got them from various evilBay sellers & have had no issues.

17. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

If I had OEM backup lights I would go this route.
    They look very bright.

Buggman, where do you find the time.

18. OP
    buggman

Good news, Bad news...

Good:
    I'm still doing these super cool & extra bright led's

Bad:
    I'm going to have to go up on the pricing a little due to the increase in parts

New Pricing for my White 68, 102 & 120 3156/3157 led's:

68 white 3156/3157's $18 a pair
    102 white 3156/3157's $22 a pair
    120 white 3156/3157's $27 a pair shipped/insured

I still have some amber & red led's in the works, just need to find time to get to them.