exhaust? magnaflow? flowmaster?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ford-rocks3, Apr 30, 2009.

1. ford-rocks3

ford-rocks3 mudmudmud

im looking for a new exhaust for my 2000 ranger 4.0 6 cyl
    and i am pretty sure i should go for a magnaflow
    i want something that will increase hp and improve gas milage?
    any ideas? all is appreciated.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Jon

Jon Administrator

I've always heard good things about the magnaflow. not sure though about the the mpg increase.

4. Rangerak

Rangerak New Member

Are you going catback? or are you putting in Magnaflow cats and muffler and tailpipe complete system? In my last Ranger I had a Magnaflow cat and a Dynomax muffler and tailpipe kit. I did get a little more power and a small gain in mileage. I have a flowmaster single in and dual out cat back system that I am so-so with and not entirely happy that I installed it. It did help a little with mileage but drones on and doesn't produce any noticeable power increase. Not a 4.0 but a 3.0 in my 2001 but the principle is the same. You get the most out of this upgrade if you put on a cold air intake as well.

5. OP
    ford-rocks3

ford-rocks3 mudmudmud

thanks for all the great feedback and info guys
    much appreciated