Cruise Control Not Working!!!

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by Pbav8tor, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Pbav8tor

Pbav8tor Old Fart

Any thoughts? Checked fuse, changed pod, checked connections.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Have you checked the servo and the wire running from there to the throttle?

4. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

what speed were you going? i know they wont work if its 25mph and lower

5. OP
    Pbav8tor

Pbav8tor Old Fart

The light is not even coming on! Highway speeds; did check the servo and wire.

6. camodown

camodown Member

Did it just all of a sudden quit working or has it been awhile.

7. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Are you sure the toggle switch buttons are good? How about the plug to the toggle?

8. OP
    Pbav8tor

Pbav8tor Old Fart

It quit suddenly. Changed the pod and checked the plug.

9. gifFORDranger

gifFORDranger young gun

mine is no longer working and the on/off button has broken off the wheel. anything i need to check to make it work again? wires are still intact and light flashes when you hit the button, but no cruise.

10. camodown

camodown Member

You might take the pods off on the steering wheel and see if anything came loose on those. There is a ground in there behind the air bag. Just make sure you disconnect the battery before you mess with the airbag if you do.

11. Wait ten minutes at least after you disconnect the airbag too. They still hold a charge.

12. OP
    Pbav8tor

Pbav8tor Old Fart

Well after a stern talking to, the cruise control is working again!:)

I removed the CC pods and checked everything, the PC boards, the switches, the plugs, and the wiring, and could not find any problem. So I put it all back together, gave it a good talking and now it works! LOL, that happens to me a lot. Give me something broken, I take it apart, look it over and put it back together and it works.

13. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Thats good news! Take apart the Government for us all and see if you can fix that!

14. OP
    Pbav8tor

Pbav8tor Old Fart

I wish I could!

15. Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahha win

16. camodown

camodown Member

fixed is fixed I guess

17. Retired Rick

Retired Rick New Member

I just saw this post! I have had the same problem but mine is in the brake pedal switch! I can move it with my foot and make it work!!
    I have a 99 Ranger!!