Buying a new Ranger

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GaRanger, May 14, 2012.

1. GaRanger

GaRanger New Member

My 1995 Ranger was just totaled and I am ready to get another (rear-ended by a Dodge Ram - my old truck took all the punishment and kept my wife safe, but there is just too much damage to fix). My '95 was a 4x4 V6 with oversize tires that sat up nice and tall, but most of the new factory Rangers seem diminutive in comparison. Any advice for getting something new/nearly new with a more aggressive look? One option that I am trying to avoid is to do some aftermarket mud tires or lift, but I'd rather find something already done so I can see the finished product before I buy. Also, I don't want to pay for the factory tires and then new tires immediately after. Other tips for packages or options that are must haves or I should stay away from?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. djfllmn

djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

you cant get a brand new ranger anymore....but look for an FX4 level 2 they come factory with 31s and the pre 08s sit higher than the 08s-11s