Bolt on extended radius arms (TTB D35)

Discussion in 'Suspension Tech' started by Brinker88, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

I came accross a GREAT little upgrade for lifted TTB vehicles. I work at a shop and had a 2002 F350 2wd come in for balljoints. I looked at it, and what do you know, SOB still sported TTB (this goes to the present models, 2011). I looked at the radius arms, and they're about 15 inches longer than the stock D35 ones. I measured the opening at the front (thickness of the beam) and it MATCHED the Dana 35 beam thickness (5.5") !!!!! This is a bolt on Extended radius arm setup that I've come accross and every forum that Ive been on has NEVER heard of it. Thought I'd share this with you guys if you dont wanna shell out the $500+ for aftermarkets....just head to the JY and pull em yourself!

You MAY have to build a crossmember, or move one crossmember forward...I havent found a set to test it out on. I will update this thread when I find a set (which is easier said than done....no one has any)

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

!!!!!!!! I want to SAS my truck so bad. Have any idea how to do it Brad?

4. OP
    Brinker88

Been there done that bro! And I know where you're axle's at!!

5. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! Where and how much do you think it will cost? As in you helping me SAS all parts and your labor?

6. OP
    Brinker88

First of all the axle that I know of is Leaf sprung. If you want coil, get a D44 out of an early bronco if you wanna stay narrow width and not go all out Full Width.

**** aint cheap that's for sure. Set aside at LEAST a grand for new gears/lockers for the axles, You need someone who can weld (due to having the wrong kind of steering box on your truck) you up a plate for your frame to hang a steering box, etc.etc.

Axle: $125 + fuel
    Steering box: $100 + maybe $100 for labor and supplies for the plating
    Gears/Lockers; $1000+
    Brackets, leaf springs (front and rear lift springs): $500+
    You're looking at close to $1500-2000

OR if you wanna go full width, buy my big truck for $1500 and I'll just swap the axles and everything onto your truck (D44 with 1 ton outers/steering and a Full Float Dana 60)

7. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Holy sheeet! I dont want it that bad!! Good lord!