Ammo Shortage

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by klinger86, Feb 12, 2013.

1. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

i cant find any 22lr ammo around damn panic buyers.......

anyone else having a hard time finding ammo?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Diablo

Diablo New Member

plenty of 9mm and 22 long and short out here

4. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

damn it im gonna havve to start sending some cash to get you to ship it to me hahahahaha

5. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I can get you a **** ton of 22lr I am going Friday so text me a list of what you need

6. Diablo

Diablo New Member

forgot I sold that weapon

7. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

about what price range hooligan?

8. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

For the .22, 525 rounds for 25.99 plus tax

9. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

wonder how much vasoline i would need to use to have it shipped to me.... lol

10. Diablo

Diablo New Member

thats a decent price out here 9.95 per 100 rds

11. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Flat rate boxes brother!!

12. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

hahahahaha

13. Diablo

Diablo New Member

hahaha I dont think you want to ship live ammo usps
    here is from a another forum: Whoever transferred the ammo from UPS to US Postal Service can get in one heck of a lot of trouble if they get turned in. Federal Offense. Penalties are extreme and start at $10,000, plus jail time if convicted.
    Shipping ammo thru UPS or FedEx is a breeze. Put a note on the box that says ORM-D In a black box and write "Cartridges, Small Arms" just below it. (I bought pre-printed stickers to save me from the hassle.) Go to UPS and pay to ship it. You'll be required to pay $4.00 extra for a required adult signature on top of the package weight and that's it. I've shipped thousands of dollars and hundreds of pounds of ammo all across the country, and there's nothing to it.
    There is no Hazmat fee to be paid for shipping loaded ammo, no matter what the clerk at the counter says.

Hazmat only applies for primers the are seperate from loaded ammo.
    Ammo can't be shipped US Postal Service under any condition and witout regard to who the shipper is. Even the holder of an FFL license can't ship ammo thru the USPS.
    Ammo and firearms of any kind can't be shipped together either.

If anybody know's they are going to be shipping ammo and would like a few stickers I'll be happy to send you some.
    LeMat, I forgot I need to send you some. i'll get them out with the check Right away.

14. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

But I got ammo from cheaperthandirt and no issue there

15. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

hmmmm wonder how much it would be to ship thru ups/fedex....

16. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Maybe rape+ 50.00

17. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

lol so remember to take the vasoline with me hahahahahahaha

18. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Yeah it's one of the cases that call into "how bad do you want the stuff?"

19. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

im gonna try to go around to oh and wv and see if i cant find some first before i commit to getting some from hooligan but it just boggles my mind the most abundant ammo in the world and i cant find any hahahahaha....

20. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

i've had a helluva time finding .22lr lately, i just wanted 1 bulk box of 300-600 rounds so i could go shoot some targets, and no winchester rounds. couldin't find any around. finally stopped at wallmart on a whim scince i was in the area, they had just gotten a shipment of remington packs of 100 rounds that morning, by 11:00 they had sold almost half of the shipment... and that's with a 3 box limit! i got my 3 boxes 'caus at that point i just wanted the ammo, lol. price was fair i feel, mabe $2 more than a bulk box of 300 rounds and it's good quality ammo.

21. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

hook me up? lol