94 ranger

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by Anthony1980, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Anthony1980

Anthony1980 New Member

I have a 94 Ford ranger with the 3.0 v6 automatic it seems to be very week it doesn't have a throttle response when you mash the pedal down what can I do to it with out throwing alot of money at it

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. RangerAl

RangerAl Member

The 3.0 engine is pretty much not a power producer. Although, you could just do the normal tune up. Spark plugs and wires, filter, oil, etc..

DeanMk likes this.
  4. DeanMk

DeanMk Member

Are you saying its suddenly lost a lot of power since you've owned it, or are you just noticing a lack of power in general?
    ...and Al gave good advice. Always make sure an engine is in a good state of tune FIRST, before attempting some kind of "repair".

5. petertom

petertom New Member

very nice car

6. basser1

basser1 New Member

Hey anthony. I know this is an old post. If you get this was just wondering if you figured out the issue. Have a 1994 mazda b3000 made by ford. looks just like ranger. My truck accelerates very slow, not at all til it warms up. Highway speeds hard to get up to. Replaced maf sensor twice, cat converter good. think it might be O2 sensors?bought it 2 yrs ago. spark plugs/wires were replaced.

7. RangerAl

RangerAl Member

Does it
    Does it put out check engine light? I would try removing the O2 sensor before the CAT and see if that help. It is hard to determine the condition of the CAT or muffler without have to test the pressure.

8. basser1

basser1 New Member

new muffler. had cat checked, good. Overpiced shop i took it to said it might be O2 sensors. thanks. checking into that.

9. Scrapper

Scrapper New Member

My 94 has a 2.3 best thing I did was change rear end from 3.08 to 410 gears.

10. basser1

basser1 New Member

Hey RangerAI. Do you know how many O2 sensors my mazda b3000 should have there are two in front of the cat converter on motor side. Was going to try to replace myself but couldnt get to the one on passenger side. The guy i bought it from had cut off the muffler. Had a shop replace muffler. Should there be two more O2 sensors on muffler side? Maybe just have O2 wires just hanging that should be on muffler side????