2008 Textured Flares on my 2001?

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by OlYeller, Aug 14, 2012.

1. OlYeller

OlYeller love my truck

I may have just got my hands on a set of 2008 textured fx4 fender flares, and I want to make sure that they will be a direct swap with my 2001 fender flares. I have the styleside EDGE ranger, so I obviously have the factory flares and holes.

Will it be a direct swap?

Thanks Guys!

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Demon

Demon I take no prisoners!

not a direct swap. sadly.

4. OP
    OlYeller

OlYeller love my truck

damn it? really? so what is different?

5. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

itll be bolt on making you drill holes like putting bush wackers on. The stock flares on your truck pop in lower on the fender then the newer flares that your talking about if Im not mistaken.

Just get plugs and plug factory holes then drill new holes clean them put a little bit of oil or paint around the holes (to prevent rust) then bolt up.

6. rango88

rango88 Chuck Norris Drove a Ram

shouldnt be too difficult to do if its not bolt on.

7. Demon

Demon I take no prisoners!

yes u can drill but make sure those holes are perfect.

8. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

I suggest 2 people holding flare where you want it marking the holes then drill