2008 Ranger vibration

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by Art, Oct 13, 2023.

1. Art

Art New Member

Update:
    My 2008 Ranger XLT vibrates between 45-60 then via ration diminishes at 65 and over. My mechanic changed all 4 shocked and ball joints, 4 brand new tires, no luck. . The front end does not shimmy or vibrate, this vibration you can feel at feet and in the seat as you drive. My mechanic thinks it can be, to warped driveshaft, unjoints or rear end issues.
    If I go process of elimination it will cost a small fortune. Therefore that’s why I am reaching out here, any ideas?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. John DeWitt

John DeWitt New Member

First I would recommend checking the rotors for uneven inner/outer wear. Unbalanced rotors can cause vibration just like unbalanced tires.
    2nd, if yours is a 4wd check for worn out from cv axles, u-joints of the driveshaft(s) or even transmission mounts. When you state you feel it at your feet, do you mean through the floorboard or through the pedals?

4. OP
    Art

Art New Member

Thank you. We found a defective rear drum that was out of round on the outside not inside which is why I never had a pulsating pedal. Once that was changed out it was like new.