2004 Ford Ranger 3.0 with the dreaded head issues

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by slicksbeagles1, Oct 3, 2023.

1. slicksbeagles1

slicksbeagles1 New Member

I have a 2004 edge 2 wheel drive with the 3.0 and have had heads redone at machine shop drove maybe a year now same issues and codes. Is there actually a way to make this engine bullet proof or was this year just a bad engine all the way around?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. RangerJR

RangerJR New Member

Hello,
    I have the same truck, 2004 Edge, 3.0l, 5spd automatic transmission. Have had zero problems with it. 75k miles. Maybe the heads were not done correctly. Also had another 2004 xl, same motto and transmission. No problems. Sold recently with 86k miles.

4. OP
    slicksbeagles1

slicksbeagles1 New Member

Your lucky unless you’re really lucky it will show up mine didn’t show up until 200,000 miles You can look it up on the internet about the problem.

5. RangerJR

RangerJR New Member

Thanks for the info.