06+ grille emblem size

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by 06FordFX4, Jun 3, 2013.

1. 06FordFX4

06FordFX4 Canadian Redneck

anyone know what size the emblem on the grille is? or, if they are interchangeable?

my current grill is cracked all over, found one finally on the local classifieds for $50 in perfect shape off a 2011. gonna snatch it up but it has no emblem.

also, are there custom colored emblems out there? I think buggman made some but thought i read somewhere he didnt do those big ones anymore? i dunno.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. fomoco

fomoco Moderator

I think the front emblem is 9"

4. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

Cracking and finish flaking is VERY common in the 06-08 blue ovals. The colored emblems are only for the ones that are two-piece and not gel inserted. Unfortunately, '05 Ranger was the last year that was an option to owners. '04-05 F150 badges are the same 9" as the '06 Ranger badges, but the clear on the emblems are gel....ie cannot be customized.

Your only option is replacing the factory emblems is with new factory emblems. And apparently, they new ones lack that flaking issue you're currently suffering with.

I've done some looking and there once was custom colored factory emblems available for the 9" "bubble" emblem, but those guys who did 'em have since been copywright infringed upon from Ford Motor Company.