Windscreen wiper and electric windows problem solved

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by Villy, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Villy

Villy New Member

Fore 3 months had trouble that the wiper motor did not work. Nor do the electric windows. After that the truck had a workshop. Who could not solve the problem either. I decided to try myself. It turned out that I would only switch 2 identical relays into the engine compartment. Then it all worked again.
    (google translate)

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. mhoward

mhoward Member

Hello Villy and welcome to the forum! Glad to hear you got your problem sorted! Swapping the relays could be either made good a failing connection, or one of the relays is bad. If one of the relays are bad, then the function that you switched the bad relay in will be a problem. Just saying... keep an eye open for other problems. Good luck!