tranny help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Maintenance Shop' started by strokerace92, Dec 17, 2009.

1. strokerace92

strokerace92 New Member

i have a 1993 ford ranger supercab 4.0 5speed i noticed the clutch slipping in it in every gear you hit the gas and the rpms go up but the speed doesn't so i decided to put a clutch in i can't get the tranny out and i think someone has put a manual transfer case in mine cuz it has the buttons you push but also has the selector in the floor never seen one like it also on my tranny i seen a tag that said reman rockland transmission but with the transfer case hooked at the back of the tranny it's a bear and i need advice for getting it slid back or taken it out pics would be greatly appreciated:blink:

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Stephen.G.Fiddes

Stephen.G.Fiddes T-Bar Guru

Yes, someone has put a manual T-case in it. And from the sound of it, you need to do a little more research before you jump into this.

Remove the t-case from the tranny, then drop the tranny. Don't be underneath it when you do. Also, disconnect both drivelines.

They're both EXTREMELY heavy, so unless you're hulk hogan, it'd be a good idea to have a second person there to spot for you so you don't dump it on the floor.

4. Stephen.G.Fiddes

Stephen.G.Fiddes T-Bar Guru

wow.. holy thread bump... Didn't realize how old this thread was... Used to anything on the front page of a forum being new! haha

5. DiabloBlanco

DiabloBlanco Those Damn Kids

Now you see why this forum is so "new" lol