Thinking about new rims and tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by smmayer92, Jan 16, 2012.

1. I just think they'd be too big for a 2wd truck with stock suspension. Lifted or dropped would look alright, but stock? Eh....

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Achromious

Achromious New Member

x2 on stock I personally wouldnt go over 15 or maybe 16 if I had to

4. 16x7s came on my truck stock. That's as big as I'd go if I were you lol I'd say 15" would look devilishly good on your truck.

5. Achromious

Achromious New Member

Hahah ^ yeah 15's are the way to go. Black or polished just comes down to your own preference but youve got some pics on the thread you can reference now

6. Mine were polished aluminum originally, but the prev. owner painted em black because he was sick of polishing them lol

7. Achromious

Achromious New Member

Haha I can sympathize, my moms bmw rims are basically black but only cause they dont stay polished for more than like two days at a time lol

8. lol I'd say black is the way to go here, unless you live in a sunny warm climate

9. Achromious

Achromious New Member

especially cause he's blacked out most of the truck already

10. OP
    smmayer92

smmayer92 New Member

Pretty much everything that could have been black out has been at this point ( minus the body and chrom bumpers) I live in Florida so i can see the salt and sun having fun with polished rims. The truck is detailed and waxed every week but i prefer to only have to wash/wipe my rims. I dont wann have to break out the flitz power buff ball and drill every week. lol I think black in a 15 or 16 is where its at. The kis that said 17 would look good sent me some link to a guy selling Ford Edge crossover rims on craigslist for $200. His exact words were " They would look awesome bro, its 2012 get with the times, 15' and 16's are outdated now."

11. Achromious

Achromious New Member

yeah man I'd stick to the black theme it can look sweet. Also I blacked out my bumpers and I love it. Id recommend giving it a go and maybe your rockers. Here's my thread on PlastiDip which is sweet because if you dont like it- you just peal it right off, no harm done. Cheap and easy afternoon project if you're handy with a rattle can and some tape.

12. Achromious

Achromious New Member

If you do decide to give it a go pm me or let me know though cause there are a few things I would've liked to know before I started haha

13. pooleo

pooleo New Member

the polished rims are coated. They are wash and wear. If the coat comes off, then you have a problem.

14. Achromious

Achromious New Member

never seen an ad for polished rims which didnt say "clear coat is pealing" lol

15. Achromious

Achromious New Member

But if you bought um new and took care of them you'd be fine I'm sure. Plenty of people do manage to keep polished runs looking good

16. pooleo

pooleo New Member

I had my first set of MB 62's for like 5 years before they started to peel. And they only did at the rivits. I never took care of them tho. And, it was driven in winter, with salty roads. FLIM!

17. Achromious

Achromious New Member

Everyone's experiences are different, just the way of the world

18. OP
    smmayer92

smmayer92 New Member

Im sure polished would look great too but black might be a better choice to go with. Ive never thought about painting my rockers, might turn out pretty nice.

19. Achromious

Achromious New Member

Yeah man I was really surprised by how good mine turned out and with plastidip there's no risk in it

20. Achromious

Achromious New Member