strong smell of unburned gas in exaust

Discussion in 'Maintenance Shop' started by Vxlhammbone, May 25, 2012.

1. Vxlhammbone

Vxlhammbone New Member

Very strong unburned gas smell but no check engine light is on. Any ideas from anybody would be cool. I commute 100 miles a day, so of I can improve fuel economy that would be great. I have already changed spark plugs, wires, and air filter. 2.3 L. 214,000 miles.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. You're running rich. I would've been able to give some suggestions, but I can't remember what the hell I was going to say... It'll come to me though

4. OP
    Vxlhammbone

Vxlhammbone New Member

Yes, definitely running rich, but what to do? It's fuel injected, and no check engine light. Egr, or o2 sensor would have sent me a check engine light.