re aligning headlights

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by mcdonald58, Feb 20, 2013.

1. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

i think my headlights are aligned bad and are pointing to far up the road. im looking to realign them but cant find out how to do it. i looked around my headlight and just saw bolts with washers that i cant put a socket over. how do i realign my headlights?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. 06FordFX4

06FordFX4 Canadian Redneck

those bolts are what you want sir.

i believe they are 4mm.... i think.

clockwise will adjust them down.

you will want to measure how far off the ground the headlights are, park 25 feet away from a flat wall, then adjust the headlights down till the main ball of light is equal height as the headlights are from the ground..

if that makes sense.

4. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

yup, like 4mm or 5/16" or something crazy small like that.

I found that by using a right angle socket wrench with the small socket on the end where I can turn a crank on the handle instead of trying to ratchet the wrench in the tiny space makes life much easier.

5. 06FordFX4

06FordFX4 Canadian Redneck

I ended up using a crescent wrench. lost the 4mm socket. wasnt hard, just took a few minutes to get it down to where i needed mine (t bar crank and 400 lbs in bed for winter)

one side of mine it broke off so i had to use vice grips.... that **** wasnt fun lol.

they are fragile, so just be careful with em

6. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

Alright thanks ill do this tomorrow. I was looking for actual bolts and not the washers. I'm sure ill have the tools in my mechanics tool set.