CL / ebay find: possible jeep

Discussion in 'Ranger Forum Classifieds' started by mcdonald58, Sep 18, 2012.

1. rango88

rango88 Chuck Norris Drove a Ram

That's a nice cherokee, I like it :)

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

4. rango88

good find

5. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

yea i like it a lot. i dont think i would get a winch right away but get a piece of diamond plate and cut it to the size of the space for the winch then bedline it or have it powder coated.

6. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

well im back to thinking about a cherokee again. i want the better mpg that the ranger dosent offer. also they are easier to find at low prices. also i would like the more interior room for the long trips up to michigan and ive heard they are tanks in the snow. i found this one that i like a lot once the guy gets the title. http://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/3438273147.html

7. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

i found my new favorite. its a lifted cherokee with custom front and back bumpers and the guy wants to trade for a ranger. it basically has all the work i would want to do to one. but im not sure about that back bumper i dont know if i could handle that much of my view being blocked when im backing out.
    http://newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/3441992866.html.

8. rango88

Emilie's Wrangler has the same Issue with the spare overtaking the rear window, she learned to use her side mirrors really quickly ;)

9. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

yea itll be hard going from a ranger to this. i would possibly throw the spare on the roof and take off the swing. i would have to install back-up lights to make it easier to see at night.

10. rango88

I keep telling Emilie to move her spare to the roof as well but she gives "It's a jeep, its made to be driven with the roof off..." Eh, if I had a jeep i'd never remove the roof and keep it offroad only. I have the miata for the roof down experience. But yeah man I like that Cherokee. It's be sweet to get a J-10 :)

11. nicksranger01

nicksranger01 New Member

wish i had a damn picture, but my brother has a 97 cherokee with 220,000 miles that we just put a 3 in rough country lift and some 32s, looks sick as hell, jeep should have done that from factory

12. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

13. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

14. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

http://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/3498376137.html
    this jeep is really nice. i love the color of it. i think that would look awesome with a tan/ black theme. i would switch out the wheels when i got my bigger tires and put grand cherokee seats in for the long car rides.

15. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

alright this thread needs moved or joined. You been talking about possible jeeps since I had my Ranger if not longer. You havent got one yet. This thread has no point at all at this point in time.

16. Demon

Demon I take no prisoners!

bingo!!!!! nothing newer. plus older means more aftermarket following and junkyard parts

17. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

the point of the thread is to get fellow members opinion on jeeps i should get. im looking at jeeps now and i am getting close to being ready to buy one. why does it matter how long ive been looking?

i want one thats 97-01. parts wise they havent really changed since they started making the cherokees. so most of the aftermarket parts are the same between the years. they mainly just did a face lift and made the interior a little nicer. which is why i want a 97+ the more updated interior will be better for the long car rides.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  18. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

i have about half of the money ill need for a jeep now. so im really starting to look for one. hopefully i can get around 2500 for my truck and find a jeep for around 3000. heres one that i found thats really nice in beautiful condition
    http://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/3585918588.html

19. 2004 fx4 level2

2004 fx4 level2 04 fx4 level II

it's nice but they suz on gas!!! worst than rangers! my buddy had one and he hated it cuz of mpg!

20. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

I don't think it'll be much worse than my truck. It'll be worth it to me though I love jeeps. I've always wanted one ever since my brother for a wrangler. I've always been a jeep guy.

21. 2004 fx4 level2

2004 fx4 level2 04 fx4 level II

why don't u look for a jeep wrangler with a soft top a lot of fun in them ones!!