Please give us your feedback

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements, Suggestions & Comments' started by Jon, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Awesome! Jon Rocks! Thank you

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

How much trouble would it be to add a feedback rating system to member's profiles?

There's another Ranger site with that feature & it's kinda nice to see a person's reputation without searching through threads where they bought or sold stuff.

I know some people are hesitant to buy from or sell to someone if they really know nothing about them... it took me about 3 or 4 years before I bought something from a forum member.

Just an idea.

4. fomoco

fomoco Moderator

X2 on this idea

5. buggman

How about adding a prefix drop down for the For Sale/Wanted categories?

Like: For Sale, Want To Buy, Trade?, Ebay / Craigslist Find, etc.

6. OP
    Jon

Jon Administrator

I've had trouble implementing this system on other sites without their being major problems. It seems like the system can be abused and then it becomes harder to trust the system and the ratings. I guess what I'm saying is, I'm hesitant to implement because of problems I've had and seen on other sites.

7. OP
    Jon

Jon Administrator

I need to call it a night, but keep the ideas coming and I'll be sure to check them out!

8. DiabloBlanco

DiabloBlanco Those Damn Kids

well its your call jon. :D

9. fomoco

fomoco Moderator

how about a drop down menu with "my posts"?

i can understand about calling it a night jon, you can burn alot of hours setting up a site

10. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I think you guys blitzed poor Jon, you wiped the man out!

11. DiabloBlanco

I would be tired too if i was him haha.

12. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Yeah but he whipped that stuff up quick!

13. fomoco

fomoco Moderator

your doing an awesome job

14. DiabloBlanco

indeed he is. Keep it up and dont let us run ya down too much :D

15. buggman

That's what I was looking for :thumbsup:

I'm sure we'll throw a million ideas at the wall, hopefully a few will stick :D

16. fomoco

fomoco Moderator

hope so too

17. fomoco

fomoco Moderator

also a meet section, or regional section

18. buggman

How about enlarging the PM inbox?

19. OP
    Jon

Jon Administrator

I doubled the size to 100 messages. :thumbsup:

If that's not enough, let me know...

20. buggman

Sweet!
    That should keep us in business for a while :thumbsup:

21. buggman

Another thought on a "feedback/review" section.

How about a dedicated section in the Trades/Sales section with every registered member listed, sort of like a Sticky.

Instead of a dozen different members creating a "review" for "member X" there could simply be a list of every member with all of their respective reviews listed in one location.

Kinda like the registered users list (that could be searched and/or linked to their profile page for easy access).

I've seen several other sites that have 20 different review threads for member X and it's so disorganized & difficult to navigate that I'm sure most people don't even bother.

Seems like it would be easier to have a central location for all member reviews where any registered member could search for someone.

A lot of us have already had dealings with each other, but it might be useful in the future.

A format guideline could be used to keep things simple like:

Member X was the (buyer/seller)
    How was your experience with Member X (positive/neutral/negative)
    Do you think you will deal with Member X again (yes/maybe/no)
    Comments: blah, blah, blah

Just a basic "I dealt with Member X and it was positive" type of review should suffice.

I'm just spitballing ideas here unsure: