Open chat thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Hooligan, Feb 3, 2011.

1. OP
    Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Thats way too much snow man

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. 06FordFX4

06FordFX4 Canadian Redneck

yeah, as much as i love snow, it is wayyyy to much for this time of year. going to be a mess when it melts.

heres a stuck pic. track just dug right on down lol.

[​IMG]

got her out though.

bout 2' of loose stuff sitting in the bottom of that hole.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. OP
    Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

you need a hovercraft out there man

5. 06FordFX4

haha well, if you go fast enough and keep the speed up the sled will float on top of it fairly well. but i had to go slow cause there were so many obstacles right there. 2 poles, a trailer, and the guide wires from he poles.

just way to much snow for the track i got on the sled to handle at slow speeds

6. OP
    Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I'm surprised you dont have a plow on the ranger with all the snow you get

7. 06FordFX4

yeah, we got a snowblower, and my brothers quad has a plow on it.

Usually i'll just drive through the snow, because usually we only get 1' most at once.

but once a year we always seem to get once big storm like this.

8. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

im thinking about getting a nissian frontier. i like that they come in crew cabs so ill have interior room which is why i was steering away from another truck and towards a suv. i also really like the roof rack that they have.

9. 06FordFX4

a coworker has a frontier, he loves it.

10. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

even the extended cabs (the newer ones at least) have alot of interior space. my neighbor had an '09 ext. cab 4x4, 4.0 5 speed and it was really nice. had a 2" suspension lift, 33" M/T's, cat back exhaust, tint, and a nice tonneau cover. he said it got about 15 MPG though.

11. djfllmn

djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

yea my uncle has a frontier and loves it too...hell i almost bought one BUT they ride like ****, interiors are cheap, rattle like crazy, and get **** MPG

12. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

lol yeah my neighbors frontier was nice but he traded up to a used '03 F350, gets the same MPG and has 10X the truck.

13. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

Yea that's why I'm hesitant to get one. It's probably the only truck I would get.

14. djfllmn

djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

IMO it makes no sense to get a small truck that gets fullsize MPG...another big reason why i traded up to the F150

15. Diablo

Diablo New Member

some people are better off with smaller trucks cause they drive like **** and cant back those big bastards up or take 2-3 parking spaces ;)

16. 06FordFX4

I like a small truck for many reasons. Cheaper to buy, fix, and maintain, WAY more fun to throw around on gravel roads etc. way better Offroad, and I don't NEED a full size, so why give up all the things I love about a smaller truck, simply because they get the same MPG? Seems silly.

17. kanuck15

kanuck15 Member

I have a few full size trucks and seem to put more miles on the ranger. Its just a fun truck to beat the tar out of and not really worry about it

18. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

Well me personally I don't have the money for a full size and I don't need a full size my truck does everything I need it to do.

19. Demon

Demon I take no prisoners!

20. 06FordFX4

hey demon

21. 06FordFX4

who thinks there should be a contributors only forum lol