need help asap please

Discussion in 'Engine Tech' started by DPG3, Apr 7, 2014.

1. DPG3

DPG3 Member

so i had a problem with my 3.0. p0304 code ran and did tons of tests. turns out valve seats were pretty messed up and caused low compression. so i changed both heads with rebuilt ones and did all this work. it wouldnt run at all. messed with the coil pack wire order and it made it run smooth as a babys bottom. on the test drive it started to sputter. after a few miles it got increasingly worst. check engine light started to flash with the same code. any thoughts? new wires, coil pack, plugs, heads, thermostat, and water pump. i am literally out of ideas. 04 ranger edge trim level by the way. any info is of help and thanks in advance.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. RangerAl

RangerAl Member

P0304 camshaft position sensor fault... I would check into the wiring to the sensor or replace the cam sensor itself.