Made an offer on a new place - Temecula, CA !

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scrambler82, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

Made an offer for a new place in Temecula, CA, approximately 50 miles Northeast of San Diego.
    10 acres in the high desert/Wine Country, with a house and a lot of flat usable land that can be use for other things, like a 30’ x 40’ Garage (can’t wait for the new shop) or even some grape vines (you can rent the space to a grower).

The house was a foreclosure and as most did, the owners did their best to make it unusable for the people that were taking their house. I guess you can’t blame them but still it must $ucks to lose the house more than buying it without a lot of stuff there. The house will need some work but if the offer is accepted then it will be worth it.

Was out there for the last two weeks or so, got to look at a lot of properties, some just WAY TOO expensive and some why too worn out.

The location we chose is off of a road called "Ramuda Rd", a country dirt road but passable with a car so the wife “shouldn’t" have a problem, ya right !

Still waiting for a response from the Real Estate Office and the Bank that owns it, was told it will take a little longer for offers to get accepted when the Bank gets involved..

Hoping for the best !

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Shawn

Shawn Cranky old man

Good luck

4. 06FordFX4

06FordFX4 Canadian Redneck

good luck man. sounds like a nice place.
    10 acres is the perfect size. my brother bought a place a while ago with 10 acres and its perfect. not to big, but big enough

5. OP
    Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

Thanks guys.

10 is big enough to use my tractor, let the grand children ride their ATVs on your property and keep people at a good distance.

I am holding my breathe, I have never had to do an offer on a place, build my first place myself foundation up, had the land already, thanks to Mom and Pop.
    This waiting $ucks but we were told that bank owned property takes longer…

ok too long already.

6. adsm08

adsm08 New Member

I'd say congrats, but I consider the purchase of property in California to be one of the worst uses of money available, what with the ridiculous CARB laws and such.

7. OP
    Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

Can't say you are wrong but my only daugther lives there, she got married there and will have grand children there, what is your call on this ?

I know move there.

Ltr

8. OP
    Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

Ok, so be it... they accepted the offer.

I am now the owner of property in SoCal, who should have guessed ?

Funny how things happen.

Papers in two weeks after all of the inspections.

Ltr

9. joshyddog

joshyddog New Member

When are we going to see pictures!!!

10. Pbav8tor

Pbav8tor Old Fart

Congrats! Pics? :)

11. OP
    Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

OK, OK here is the House !
    2500 sq ft, built in 2009, foreclosure 12 months ago, Fanny May Bank was a B!TCH to deal with but it happened faster than I thought it was going to.

[​IMG]

The View from the front door, that WILL be a Farmers Porch shortly !

[​IMG]

The new SHOP… one of two but both are basically the same.
    There is a third choice for the shop but for some reason I can’t get it load to Photobucket.

First Choice, nothing fancy just a barn type shop, 20 foot center section with two 10 foot side bays x 36 deep.

[​IMG]

Second Choice which will probably be it, the wife has her hands in it some.

[​IMG]

Third choice is a 30 x 36 foot high peaked building with a 10 foot side bay, no pic.

Any will do, just want one of them before I move in.

Hope these do it for you I have to download some more of the view.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  12. OP
    Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

Second closest neighbor ! NICE !

[​IMG]

Side yard looking at the back yard.
    There is the closest neighbor but they are over the hill, so to speak.

[​IMG]

Side yard to the fence line.
    This area lends itself to growing some grape vines, well… it is SoCal Wine Country, when you are in Rome do as the Romans do… lol !

[​IMG]
    Kind of excited getting a new larger shop, the wife isn’t arguing about the size because she wants to be there more than I do.

10 acres a lot of rocks and a good amount of space.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  13. joshyddog

joshyddog New Member

Man that is nice!!

14. OP
    Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

Decided on my third choice for the new shop, the one without a picture.
    Building made by Absolute Steel Building, it is their Alpine Style, 6.75/12 pitch roof, a little taller than most in the area but it will match the house pitch better.
    28 wide x 36 deep x 12.5 wall main building with a side bay 10 pr 12 x 36 x 9.5 wall.
    12 x 12 main door, 8 x 8 side bay door, some windows and a passage door.

Trying to get some kind of picture.

This is the Armstrong Site, a different type of framing.
    The exterior shape is similar except the doors will be different, you get the picture, right !

http://www.armstrongsteelbuildings.com/gallery/40x30x14 Barn-steel-building-photos.php

Next is the outdoor kitchen, any ideas ?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  15. doyouquaxu

doyouquaxu FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Congrats on the buy. I agree with the CARB laws, but this state still has a lot to offer. And being closer to family isn't a bad reason to move.

16. OP
    Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

As with a lot of good thing, you just have to wait until the $hit hits the fan.

In the second set of papers we have been told need our sign off, there is two statements... one that state the road that approaches and goes by the property has had a portion taken by the county for widening the road, doesn't really sound too bad but who received the money for the property and why wasn't revealed before this. That isn't the worst part, the portion of the land that was taken has our well on it... lol, WTF !
    Why wasn't all this revealed ?

The second statement, either they issued old paperwork with a higher price or they raised the price in between us accepting their offer and giving us the paperwork.

I knew things were going way too easy.
    Now we have to wait until Fanny Mae decides to send new paperwork and what is going to be done about the well.
    Since they made the counter-offered and we accepted their offer I am not sure where we have to go.

Waiting for the answers to arrive... !?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  17. OP
    Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

We are at the point of down payment AGAIN !
    This time Fannie Mae is moving a little more in our direction.
    Well Certification and Septic Certification are being done, House inspection is happening tomorrow and the land problem was not as bad as first thought. (turns out to be only access for horses to walk along the land's edge to keep out of the street. Not a problem as long as they carry a $hit Bag, a BIG $hit Bag and pick up their mess, not a problem at all…LOL)

Hopefully after today we will be on our way to owning a pice of SoCal.
    Will be heading to SoCal for closing, not sure when, and to start looking for a good Contractor to get things going.
    Any suggestions form those in the Temecula, CA area ?

I have the new shop designed but am having trouble getting a front view drawing out of the guy so I can see that we are both on the same page.
    Anyone here know of or have a steel building made by “Absolute Steel Buildings” ?
    I like the way these guys work, so far, but not sure what the hold up is on the front view, I need something !
    If I can find an Absolute Building in the area I would like to see it and talk to owner, mainly to see before buying but also maybe find a good contract to put in the Mono-Slab and put up the building.

So this all boils down to YES we have ignition and will be moving to SoCal.

18. OP
    Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

Down Payment made… inspections and certifications going on as I write.

Closing in two weeks and then we need to locate the contractors.

19. Taylor

Taylor Roman 1:16

Sweet!

20. OP
    Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

Everything is in order and we are waiting to close on the property.

Sometime towards the end of the month.

Will be headed out there again sooner than later but not sure when.

We have decided to do some off the demolition ourselves, ,like taking out the rugs and stuff, gut the kitchen and strip out as much of the bath as we need to.

The house has 2 1/2 baths on the first floor, we don't need the 1/2 bath, the guess bath is open to the hallway so that will do as the everyday bathroom. The master sweet needs some work, bath redo and a new floor and ceiling.

I am hoping for a two week tear out and then get the plans from the designer and see if we like it; always something to tweak.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  21. OP
    Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

Septic certified OK and we found out the guy that build the place put in what is classified as a Commercial System, nice, I guess, even though I am not sure what it all means.
    Bigger and better than a standard residential Unit, maybe !?!

The Well certified OK too, puts out somewhere around 18 gal/min, not sure just how good ?
    I am told that is good but I wonder if I can grow some grapevines with that much water ?

Waiting for the closing, not happening yet but will.